EEfaq论坛-赚客自留地

找回密码
 免费注册
查看: 1240|回复: 3

Formula of a winning PPC ad

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-8-13 22:55:03 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Writing good ads is one of the most important parts of yourcampaign.   It can mean the difference between success and failure. Although every campaign is different, I have found general trendsthrough testing that usually work. The overall formula I like to usewhen writing ads is this:
Title and Line 2: Repeating the search term, starting the pre-sell
Line 3: Reassuring the customer, showing authority, and bonus selling points if space.
Display URL:   Providing confidence in next step.
As always, its easiest to see with an example. Let’s use the exampleof a shoe offer like shoebuy or zappos. This ad would be for a searchhitting the keyword “running shoes“.  Here is a sample ad:

登录/注册后可看大图

Ads may look simple but there is a lot going on here.   So let’s break it down.
1. The search term is repeated in 2 differentplaces on the ad, reinforcing the search, increasing quality score, andbolding that text for increased CTR.
2. Saving money. Everyone wants to save money, soin 2 places on the ad we have show they will save money. On line 1, theword “discount” and on line 2 the phrase “on sale”.
3.  Urgency.  The word “now” on line 2 evokes a sense of urgency.
4. Numbers and percentages. People scanning a pagealways stop on numbers. On line 3 we use “100%” which draws the eyes tothe ad and increases CTR.
5. Reassurance and final selling points. On line 3we provide buyer reassurance with the guarantee and the bonus pointabout free shipping.
6. The word free. If there is anything about theoffer that is free, its a good thing to put in the ad. “Free” jumps outat people.
7.  Sentence case.  Capitalizing the first letter of every word usually leads to higher CTR.
8. Display URL. This is a simple display URL buteffective because it further reinforces the search term and lets theperson know the domain is related to what they want. Not overlyhyphenated or too long. Also I capitalize each word in the domain ifits multiple words.
Even though this ad doesn’t have a call to action like “click nowfor coupon” it should still lead to a good CTR. Once the searcher getsto your landing page, you can then close the deal with a clear call toaction. I like more descriptive and informative ads, which usually workwell. In addition you get more serious clicks which keeps expenses downand leads to overall better conversion rates. At any rate this is justone of the techniques that usually works great for me, there are tonsof ways to write ads for different situations.

学习如何写广告首先要英文跟上,不翻译中文了
发表于 2008-8-13 23:08:02 | 显示全部楼层
ohyes.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-13 23:22:52 | 显示全部楼层
小技巧琢磨了好多了,但是操作起来还是不能得心应手!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-19 15:21:42 | 显示全部楼层
在中文界面下也能做英文广告的啊
回复 支持 反对